Friday, July 9, 2010

guardian angel, delicious thai on the beach, and rainbow



today was a tough day, where things kept going wrong, and jobs that should have been easier turned out to be really hard. Late afternoon, on the way to the beach, I got a puncture in my car tyre. I didn't have the right tools to get the wheel off, and so had to cycle home, get a cab to the airport, hire a car and then start a mission to fix the car. I dropped into the garage and met a guardian angel - who drove back to the beach with me, after his day at work, fixed my car with his tools and refused any payment. He just said 'it's nice to be nice'.

After the little car episode, Ali & I took a bottle of wine down to an amazing thai restaurant on the beach. It's literally on the waters edge, and was so busy we had to sit on the beach. Such great food and great company.

Halfway through dinner it looked like it might rain, but there were just a couple of spots and a beautiful rainbow appeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment