Saturday, September 25, 2010

lazy day, pineapple man and amazing, grandma-like dinner


today was a super lazy day..... I'm not normally very good at it, but I must have needed one .... so I fubbed out at home, watched a couple of movies and just relaxed

at the supermarket this afternoon, there was something weird happening in the fruit section...... a man dressed all in white with a purple cape and beret, selling prunes.... and another man, who had a little tape player blasting out music, chopping pineapples.... very bizarre, very french but actually kinda funny

one of the things I don't like about being by myself, is that, inevitably, you don't bother to cook as much when you're alone. But every now and then, I bust out a recipe, go shopping and cook myself something really delicious... tonight, I made something I imagine Nany would serve me...... roast chicken, carrot puree, pommes noisettes and a red wine gravy.... so yummy, so comforting and really worth all that washing up

1 comment:

  1. I hope the funny fruit guys are still there when I get down. Jeff xoxox

    ReplyDelete