Sunday, June 20, 2010

job done, squirrel and off the cuff dinner

I try not to work on weekends but I had such a huge 'to do' list by the end of this week that I really wanted to get a head start on next week. So I sat down, and in a relaxed, weekend working way, smashed the whole list....and emptied my inbox....and my follow up box..... in 4 hours...wow

The view into the forest from this apartment is super beautiful.... but it has been ages since I saw a squirrel...until tonight, when I opened the kitchen window, and saw him sitting on a branch, his red fur glowing in the evening sun...stoked !

Jeff called from the pub and asked if we could have some friends for dinner.... it was already 6pm so it felt like a bit of a gameshow mission...race to the shops, cook 3 course meal, clean house and get ready in under an hour..... ha ha ha...ended up being a super fun night all round...even the chaotic bit before everyone arrived !

No comments:

Post a Comment