Saturday, May 1, 2010

real human, calm, family love

this morning I has a long meeting with someone we've been working with for a few months.... but this was the first time we actually met face to face. Skype, internet, email and phone are great but its good to know what someone's smile looks like

my flight back to Jersey was delayed 3 hours, and unfortunately they had already boarded us so we were stuck on the tarmac. I was reminded of that famous Rudyard Kipling poem ' If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs...'
it was a real opportunity to exercise that, and and I did..... whilst everyone around me complained about the delay, the lack or air con, the screaming kids, and fell into angry customer mode, I escaped into a calm bubble and took out my laptop and worked.

Whether you saw them last night, last week or last month, there is something very special about coming back to your family home and being greeted with so much love

No comments:

Post a Comment