Monday, May 31, 2010

Mandela, tradition, and scones


Last night we watched Invicticus - a film about the South African rugby team and Nelson Mandela. I can honestly say, that I don't know of any other human being that has been alive in my lifetime who has done more for the human race. He inspires me to ensure that I am doing enough to be a good person.

This morning I popped into town to get some groceries..... I love french tradition.... the main street was busy with people picking up their baguettes from the bakery, the deli was full of happy souls waiting in line to buy their goodies for sunday lunch. Everything about it felt good.... the smell of the rotisserie chickens, the light rain that was falling and the hustle bustle of everyone doing their chores . I was happy to be a part of it.

This evening, after a pretty lazy day, I felt the urge to bake some scones. My track record has been pretty bad... we normally end up with some sort of rock cake disaster. But for some reason, this time, for the first time, they came out perfect - and I felt pretty proud :)

No comments:

Post a Comment