Sunday, May 9, 2010

post office, opera and forest


living in more than one place has so many benefits, but sometimes, having your own 'things' around you is important, and it can be difficult to arrange that when you so often up and move on to the next place. Of all my 'things' that I miss the most, its my cookbooks... they're in oz and I'm in France. I thought I could select my favourites and send them over, but one quick trip to the post office made me realise that was not a cost effective solution. So I bit the bullet, realised that cooking really does make me very happy, and ordered a heap of them again on amazon to have here in France. Today there was a note from the postman to say they've arrived...... I am more than excited !!!

I cruised into town this morning to buy some croissants and juice. I was waiting in line at the little convenience store and looked around.... everyone was smiling, it was sunny outside, they were playing Andrea Bocelli loudly on their stereo, and suddenly I was kinda overwhelmed with happiness. Funny that when you feel connected to a place, everything just feels so right.

Jeff and I went for a stomp in the forest this afternoon... we were discussing the effect that just being in the forest has on you. So calm but energising at the same time. Just the smell of the pine makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment