Sunday, May 6, 2012

egg cup, girls work and newspaper supplement


this morning I had a boiled egg with delicious sourdough soldiers.... and it was made all the better by the awesome little eggcup that my folks bought for me a few years back. Everytime I use it, it makes me think of them and smile.

something seems to happen when you are in a long-term relationship.... you unwittingly slide into pretty stereotyped roles. I don't think you even realise it until one day you find yourself not doing a certain job because it's kinda a husband job. I've been looking at a pile of rubbish in our garden that needs taking to the dump, and just thinking 'Oh, Jeff will do that when he gets home'. Until today when I was like 'What are you waiting for, go get some gloves, lug the stuff into the truck and take it to the dump yourself !!!". It was a good reminder to stand on my own two feet.

I almost bought a Sunday paper today, but then didn't because I was really only buying it for one supplement and it seemed like a bit of a waste. On my drive home, I pulled into the petrol station, and as I pulled up to the petrol pump, I noticed some rubbish on the ground. I filled up my car and picked up the rubbish to throw in the bin on my way inside. It was the exact newspaper supplement that I wanted to read......

No comments:

Post a Comment